From:
Sarah Meerts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sarah Meerts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2011 09:19:22 -0400
Here's an article that shows that the collective intelligence of the group is positively correlated with the number of females in the group, largely because females are more socially sensitive (according to a social sensitivity measure).  Apparently, a group with more equally distributed conversational turn-taking has a higher collective intelligence than a group in which a few members dominate the interactions.

Sarah Meerts