From:
"Fagan, Barbara" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fagan, Barbara
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:13:44 -0300
Hi Rick

We have accommodated time and noise needs in our learners when writing the iRAT - we talk about this with our first practice RAP - how we announce "5 mins left" when the last few are writing (our numbers are usually <25) and ask that all learners be respectful and quiet for those still writing when they are finished.  It's great to have the learners set the expectations and ground rules for behavior on the first day of class.

If learners identify that they need more time, I have arranged for them to come early to sessions and sit in a quiet area to write the iRAT.  Teams usually manage the noise on their own during TRAT and application exercises - and have moved closer to one another or to a quieter area to think through the application before simultaneous reporting.

Kind regards
Barb