From:
Amy Chaves <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amy Chaves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:37:24 -0400
Hello-

I am a new user of TBL. This is the first semester I've used this method. I
teach respiratory therapy. This course is all about mechanical ventilation
and critical care medicine. I guess my questions posed to this group are
two-fold: 1st, if anyone on this list is teaching either RT or nursing, and
would care to share ideas for group exercises, I would appreciate any input.
Secondly, I am a bit confused about grading of the peer evals at the end of
the course. I have groups of 5 students. If they each evaluate the other
members to assign a percentage of the total points of 100 do I just add up
each of the 4 scores and then multiple that by the percentage the class
assigned to that facet of this experience? Hope that doesn't sound
incredibly lame....

Thanks-

Amy L. Chaves M.Ed., RRT, CHES

Director of Clinical Education