From:
Paul Koles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Koles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2012 17:23:52 -0500
Jenny:  glad to see you are implementing peer feedback.  Each student should receive all of the ratings and comments made by everyone on the student's team.  In most situations where students have spent less than 6 months together, the feedback should be de-identified, i.e., the receiver should not be able to determine the individual source of each comment or rating.   We usually accomplish this by collating all the ratings and comments into one summary page or web-based report.   Regarding weighting of grades for TBL components, I suggest you consult Michaelsen and Sweet, "Fundamental Principles and Practices of Team-Based Learning, chapter 2 in Team-Based Learning for Health Professions Education, Stylus 2008.