From:
Thomas DeWitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thomas DeWitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2013 11:08:49 -1000
Dee,

I'd talk to the team at Duke-NUS medical school. They have teams identify
concepts they struggled with on the tRAT by writing it on the board and
assign the concept to a team that mastered it to explain it to the rest of
the class. The entire discussion is lead by a student facilitator (this
role is rotated amongst all the students), rather than a faculty member.
The faculty member would then fill in any gaps not addressed by the teams.
My understanding is this is designed to maximize student involvement. I
found it to be quite clever.

Cheers, Tom

Tom DeWitt, Ph.D.
Director
Office of Applied Learning Experiences (ALEX)
University of Hawaii at Hilo
www.hilo.hawaii.edu/ALEX
phone: 808.987.6551
email: [log in to unmask]