From:
"Sweet, Michael S" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sweet, Michael S
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2010 15:56:24 -0500
I ran into this, and we made the judgment call to put all the folks from the same cohort on their own team.  (To minimize cliques within other teams).

That team outperformed all the other teams from the outset, and all semester long.  While other teams were just warming up socially, this team was screaming ahead.  Not sure how fair that was to the other teams.

The issue here is whether to create cliques WITHIN or ACROSS teams.  You're going to have cliques.  :-(

-M