From:
Jim Sibley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Sibley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2012 08:36:22 -0800
Hi

There is a podcast on this topic on the tbl website

Its Derek Lane Speaking at the 2007 TBL meeting in Vancouver

http://tbl.apsc.ubc.ca/conferences/2007/june_1/c150/lane/video/june_1_c150_l
ane.html

JIm

From: "Pollak, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 09:23:16 -0600
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Peer Feedback Learning Exercise?

My students and I are all new to TBL and student peer feedback.  I am aware
of many of the potential problems that we might encounter with having
students rate each other and  would like to try to mitigate these issues by
providing the students with some guidance about the process.  Before they
complete the first set of peer evaluations of their teammates, I would like
to have them complete a TBL application activity in class on giving
effective feedback.  Does anyone have such an activity that they would be
willing to share or can anyone point me to any resources to help me create
my own?

Some context about my course.  This is a course in Clinical Epidemiology
with about 100 first-year medical students.  This will be the first of two
sets of evaluations.  This first one will not count towards grade; the
second set of evaluations, which they will complete at the end of the
course, will count towards grades.  I plan to use the Koles peer feedback
form that contains some rating scales and some written comments.  I will not
be formally rating the quality of the students comments.

---------
Michael Pollak, Ph.D.
Professor of Behavioral Sciences
Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences
918.561.8426