From:
Nellie Modares <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nellie Modares <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2013 14:45:41 +0000
Everyone,

I have a faculty member who is running a TBL session with approximately 44 students broken down to 11 teams with an additional 4 students who are participating at a remote location via ITV.   Some of the issues they're facing is how to elegantly incorporate the remote students into an already busy environment.  ITV works well -visually--as both locations can see one another, and the facilitator at the local site can speak to the remote site via the podium mike, but there's not a way to hear students at the remote site either "privately" or by using the room speakers, without having to "hush" the students at the local site - disturbing the momentum (interactions) of the groups.

We've tried using Adobe Connect where by the use of webcams, individual microphones, and breakout rooms, the two sites can interact but this scenario would include IT assistance in both locations to make sure audio and video is transmitted successfully.

I was wondering if anyone's faced this scenario and if so what's worked for you.