From:
"Paul C. King" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul C. King
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:08:49 -0400
Richard,

In reference to your question "Does anyone use this teaching
chemistry at any level...?" I refer you to Frank Dinan's article "An
Alternative to Lecturing in the Sciences," pp. 97-104, in Team-Based
Learning: A Transformative Use of Small Groups in College Teaching".
Frank is a seasoned teacher at Canisius College in New York where he
is a Professor of Organic Chemistry. He also has an extensive
background in industry. Following 25 years of teaching using the
lecture method he made a complete change to team-based learning
adjusted for his course and population, and has never looked back.

Paul King
Massasoit Community College
Brockton, MA

Frank's Contact Information: