From:
Jim Sibley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Sibley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2012 06:19:07 -0700
Hi

I thing of appeals only for trat....but realize our instructions are ambiguious...maybe they need to be tightened up

The rules we harp on are "only from team" and "outside class time they will be considered"

The appeals scenario we describe to students in orientation is the more typical....team appeal trat question

We have yet to see this team appealling an individual answer in our tbl impementation

25-35 teams per course on average...and somewhere around 40+ course iterations.... 10 years

I agrre with larry....NO APPEALS from individuals but this might not been individual...this is described as a team appealing on behalf of an individual

I am still comforatble with yesterdays advice....in case an important useful conversation actually happened with the whole team...which I think would be pretty neat.....but with caution....since...it would be easy to get a individual appeal in this case that the team didn't discuss but just allowed the individual to put forward

A reasonable line in the sand would be saying no.....the important learning happened...the team took hetregenity in the individual test and turned it into a consesus correct answer on trat

Jim Sibley

Sorry for brief message -sent from my iPad