From:
"Sweet, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sweet, Michael
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2014 14:48:54 +0000
Gang,

I’m prepping a Learning and Motivation course for the Fall and wondering if anyone has already blazed a TBL trail for a course like this.

The basics:  operant and classical conditioning, discriminations and generalization, avoidance and punishment, acquired motivational states, concept formation, biological constraints on learning and behavior, animal cognition, stuff like that.  This is less Ed Psych and more straight-up Psych than I usually splash around in, so I’d love to pick the brain of anyone who has TBL-ized this content.

I’ve got Laura Madson’s great book Psychology for Everyday Life and found the TBL Psychology Google group.  But I’m casting about for direct contact with folks about this specific material.  Thanks!

I’ll buy you a virtual cup of coffee! :-)

-M

Michael Sweet, Ph.D.
Senior Associate Director
Center for Teaching & Learning Through Research
Northeastern University
215-F Snell Library
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115