Dear all,
This fall I have been working with Stage Russia (http://www.stagerussia.com), a group that is working to bring broadcasts of great Russian theatre to the world. The first broadcast they have done is Eugene Onegin from the Vakhtangov State Academic Theatre in Moscow. This show has been sold out for months in Moscow and has garnered high critical acclaim since its premiere last year.

I’m pleased to say that there will be a screening in Vancouver! It will be presented in Russian with English subtitles. Tickets are $12.

Date: Sat Nov 12
Time: 11am
Venue: the Cinematheque (1131 Howe Street)

If you’re interested, you can buy a ticket here: http://onegininvancouver.brownpapertickets.com/

I’ve also organized a screening of the second play in the Stage Russia series, The Cherry Orchard from the Moscow Art Theatre. That will be screened on Sat Dec 10th, and tickets are available here: http://cherryorchardvancouver.brownpapertickets.com/

Let me know if you have any questions. This is a great chance to see lovely theatre from Russia!

All best wishes,

Katia

___
Dr. Katherine Bowers
Assistant Professor of Slavic Studies
Dept. of Central, Eastern & Northern European Studies
The University of British Columbia

Office: 212 Buchanan Tower
Phone: (604) 822 6431