Hi Jen, Richard, and all,

I’ve been pretty successful using the “Interactive with Multiple Tries” feature in the Moodle quiz activity for tRATs. I’m curious if others have used that. That’s not helpful though if you are in D2L/Brightspace. A workaround I was thinking about for a tRAT in D2L is to use multiple attempts of the entire quiz and then each attempt gets marked on a declining scale. When teams go through their second attempt, they would just skip the questions they had already answered correctly and only answer the ones they had gotten wrong. That’s a bit complicated though from a grading perspective.

I am very curious, Richard, about your experience with Qualtrics! I like the idea of confidence-based responses in the iRAT. We have a Qualtrics license here and that might be an interesting alternative to one of the various TBL platforms out there. I am curious about the data privacy implications though and how you manage that since it’s not a tool that’s been vetted for teaching/learning use. We don’t have enough instructors doing TBL yet to justify purchasing something like InteDashboard.

Take care,

Derek

Derek Murray, PhD (he/him)   l   Education Developer
Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning   l   Learning Services
  l  250-370-3949
CAMOSUN COLLEGE   l   Victoria, BC   l  camosun.ca/cetl

Camosun College respectfully acknowledges that our campuses are situated on the territories of the Lək̓ʷəŋən (Songhees and Kosapsum) and WSÁNEĆ peoples. We honour their knowledge and welcome to all students who seek education here.

Check out our upcoming events and workshops!