Hello all,

I will be using TBL in one of my classes for the first time this quarter. The class is an in-person 200 level environmental geography class. There will be four modules with a RAT at the start of each; students will also take the final using the same format (individually first, then in teams).

I have several students with testing accommodations - e.g. extra time, low-distraction environment, etc. Are there any recommendations for how to best accommodate the RAT process for such students?

Additionally, I have some students who have reached out to me that will be absent on some of the days when in-class RATs will happen. What recommendations are there for how to make up RATs if a student has to miss one of those days due to sickness or something else outside of their control?

Thank you for your help, and I am so excited to try this process out for the first time!
Very best,
Gretchen

--
Gretchen Sneegas, Ph.D. (she/her/hers)
Assistant Teaching Professor

Recent Publications:
Sneegas, G., L. Seghezzo, C. Brannstrom, W. Jepson, and G. Eckstein. 2022. "Do not put all your eggs in one basket: social perspectives on desalination and water recycling in Israel." Water Policy 24(11): 1772-1795. LINK
Brannstrom, C., W. Jepson, S. Beckner, G. Sneegas, and L. Seghezzo. 2022. "Not a silver bullet: social perspectives on desalination and water reuse in Texas." Urban Water Journal 19(10): 1025-1037. LINK
Sneegas, G. 2022. "Producing (extra) ordinary death on the farm: unruly encounters and contaminated calves." Social & Cultural Geography 23(1): 63-82. LINK

To unsubscribe from the TEAMLEARNING-L list, please click here.