Hi all,

I got a question from a teacher. He was wondering if he could send the application exercise (in our field, it is a 2 pages clinical problem) to the students before the TBL session.

The reason he asked if that he found that students are spending to much time reading the clinical scenario during the TBL session; he thought that if students have already done the reading of the clinical scenario at home, they will have more time to focus on the questions of this appplication exercise in class and more time for discussion in class.

My first answer would be to suggest not sending  the clinical scenario before the class; I suppose some students will already work on it at home and therefore there may be less intra-team/debate in class about the application exercise.

What are your thoughts? Any experience on this?

Best regards,

Geneviève

Geneviève Benoit

​Professeur agrégé de clinique, Service de néphrologie
Directrice du programme de néphrologie pédiatrique
Département de pédiatrie
CHU Sainte-Justine, Université de Montréal

To unsubscribe from the TEAMLEARNING-L list, please click here.