Dear Zachary,
For several years I taught in a program in which students were in the same
team in three very different courses (two of which were taught with TBL)
for a single semester (the three courses were Management, Marketing and
Information Systems. The instructor in each of the three courses used his
or her own peer evaluation process and made an independent decision on how
much the peer evaluation "counted" in determining students' grades in his
or her own. One aspect of that experience that is probably relevant to your
question is that individual students often received quite different peer
evaluation scores in different courses. Although I don't have enough
information to know specifically why the difference occurred, given this
experience, I would recommend having a peer evaluation in each course
rather than an overall evaluation across several courses.
I hope this helps.
Larry
*******************************
Larry K. Michaelsen, Creator of Team-Based Learning (TBL);
Emeritus Professor of Management
44 NW 400th Road
Warrensburg, MO 64093
USA