From: Team-Based Learning <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Molly Espey <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, August 30, 2022 at 6:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Material for introducing TBL to students
I want to add one tangential comment related to Larry’s comment “By the time they are done:1) The teams are well on their way to becoming cohesive,”:

Our semester just started Wednesday. I use the syllabus iRAT/tRAT with teams made based on where everyone sits that first day and make permanent teams based on a diversity of data I have available about the students for the second class. I had students in two different classes verbally express disappointment that they weren’t to be with the group from the first day, and it wasn’t because they were sitting with a bunch of friends. They very quickly learn to work together toward the common goal and most quite enjoy engaging with each other.

Molly Espey, Professor
John E. Walker Dept. of Economics
312H Wilbur O. and Ann Powers Hall
Clemson University