Since it appears that everyone who responded replied just to me and not the listserv, and I thought everyone might be interested, I have summarized responses from others regarding what students may be getting out of TBL. I still welcome further contributions to this discussion.

Improved academic performance

Perception of improved learning (or more confidence with their knowledge)

Ability to better understand the perspective or viewpoints of others (and possible link to greater appreciation of diversity of views)

Improved attitude toward the subject

Ability to work with others (teamwork!)

Social engagement

Molly