Dear Amy,

Some tips:

For tRATs, moodle platform quizzes can be configured to simulate IF-ATs (“adaptive”). You can setup the timing and duration (but the discussion among team participants would go on another channel).  For team discussions, several webmeeting / webinar tools can fit. Particularly, ZOOM also has the concept of “break out groups”, and then you can manage the plenary and then the teams would have their own “room” (and you can participate in each room).

One interesting open-source platform / full tool is LAMS ( see http://lamsfoundation.org ). It’s focused mainly in on-line course design, particularly addressing the collaborative work. You can select a number of different activities / resources, and establish a full workflow (actually, it is a complete workflow design graphical language, comparable with BPMN). As “monitor”, the teacher controls the pacing and phases of on-line activities. It has a full compliment of TBL-like activities / resources (iRAT, tRAT, tasks, etc.).  It can also be completely integrated into existing LMS platforms (Moodle, Blackboard, other. ) – I am currently testing it in our university moodle-based LMS.

Hope this helps a bit!

Best regards,

Ernesto

Dr. Ing. Ernesto Ocampo Edye

Profesor Titular

Departamento de Informática y Ciencias de la Computación
Av. 8 de Octubre 2738

Montevideo, Uruguay
Tel. (+598) 2487 2717, int. 6436

Cel.: (+598) 93709347