Hi Everybody – The 2019 TBLC was a terrific meeting with lots of new ideas on TBL and how to get the most out of our classroom for engagement and learning.  A few years ago, Erik Mazur was our Keynote Speaker sharing his experience with Peer Instruction.  I got him to come to our school after that and we have incorporated PI extensively along with TBL.  We have NO lectures, just engaged classroom learning.  Unheard of in medical schools.

Anyway – we want to share what we have learned over the past 5 years using Peer Instruction.  It has many features that are similar to TBL, some that are unique.  Having both in a curriculum is a supercharger.  Please come to a one-day workshop in May at our school.  You don’t have to be in medical education – it’s good for all the health professions, sciences, and probably other domains as well.  Trust me – you’ll return home with some new ideas and expertise!  Don’t freak that it is in Dayton.  There’s more to see and do here than you can imagine.  Any questions, write me!  Dean

Dean Parmelee, MD
Director, Educational Scholarship & Program Development
Office of Medical Education
Boonshoft School of Medicine
Wright State University
Dayton, Ohio