All,

We've used TBL for five years in our Property courses, and we believe we've
seen significant improvement in student learning and engagement. But we've
made modifications to the traditional structure of TBL, and I'm curious
whether the adjustments we've made are typical of those who use it in law
courses. For example, we start each unit with the readiness-assessment
quizzes, but we only have one AE per unit (at the end of the unit); other
team activities are minor and less structured. In many classes, we continue
to rely on a lecture with and the Socratic method.

My question is whether others teaching in law have made similar
adjustments, and whether you believe these adjustments are necessary--or at
least beneficial--given the traditional casebook method of learning law.

Thank you,
Lindsey

--
Lindsey P. Gustafson