From: Team-Based Learning <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Anderson, Max Carl <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2019 9:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Thank you!

That’s a lovely letter and typical of the overall sentiment at our college. The loudest voices seem to want to complain about anything (how much reading material is given, that you are calling on students to respond, that your NOT calling on students to respond - ad infinitum).

I have found that there are two possible reasons (well, maybe 3) that they don’t like TBL.

1. The questions / content are too hard or too easy.
2. The facilitation itself was poorly done.
3. I just want to complain.

:-)

Max

Max Anderson, MLIS, MS
Director of Instructional Design and Learning Innovation, Office of Educational Affairs
Instructor, Department of Medical Education
University of Illinois College of Medicine
1835 W Polk St
Chicago, IL 60612