Hi Marina,

I have used online iRATs during class to limit using the internet to search for answers. The limitation I ran into was bandwidth issues in the particular classroom - some students would get kicked out of the iRAT when the router reached its max number of connections. That has since been addressed so no longer an issue but as a result of that experience, I still go with paper and pencil and use QuickKey to quickly score them while the tRAT is running.

I tried using Moodle for tRATs but the IFAT cards are just much more satisfying for students.

Jim, really interesting to hear that your tRAT questions are different from iRAT questions with the tRAT questions being higher on Bloom's. I have thought about doing that as I have found it difficult to balance the reading quiz nature of the iRAT with the intent to promote discussion of the tRATs. Having different questions for the iRAT and tRAT solves that tension. I'll have to consider that solution in my own TBL classes.

Cheers

Neil

Neil Haave, PhD
Professor, Biology, Augustana Faculty, Camrose, AB
McCalla University Professor
Associate Director, Centre for Teaching & Learning