Hi Dr. Ali,

I think this is a great idea. At UICOM, we have been stressing professionalism among students during their entire academic career with us, but especially at the beginning of their M1 year. What immediately comes to mind are some real-life case-based situations. Here, we have students mark their attendance electronically for mandatory sessions. On some occasions, especially early on, if a classmate is running late, some students would text the late student the password so they can mark themselves “here” even though they are not physically in the building yet. This is a violation of our professionalism guidelines. Other topics like cheating, not talking while a fellow student or instructor is speaking, etc. would make for good case-based scenarios.

Max

From: Team-Based Learning <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of sobia ali <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, January 11, 2019 at 23:41
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Professionalism Module

Hi,

I am thinking of developing TBL based professionalism module for undergraduate Medical education. Can anyone guide me how to go for it?

Regards,

Dr. Sobia Ali

Associate Professor,

Department of Health Professions Education

Liaquat National Hospital & Medical Education

To unsubscribe from the TEAMLEARNING-L list, please click here.

To unsubscribe from the TEAMLEARNING-L list, please click here.