From: Team-Based Learning <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Laura Madson
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2018 9:15 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: debriefing

Hi again -

Regarding the discussion on the importance of debriefing, Dr. Chris Burns and I both use a team processing tool after each major team activity in lieu of formative (individual) peer evaluations (see attached for an example).

We’ve both found that focusing formative feedback on the team, rather than on individuals, offers several advantages:

1. low stakes, easy, introduction to giving and receiving peer evaluation/feedback

2. emphasizes team skills, not individual skills

3. makes it explicit that students are supposed to be developing teamwork skills and what these skills are

4. allows rapid self-correction of problems

5. allows rapid faculty identification of problem teams

Just in case anyone is interested, I also attached one of the papers from the recent special issue of the American Psychologist on teamwork mentioned by  Dr. Coleman (I’m a psychologist so it was easy for me to get access).

Have a lovely day,

lm

To unsubscribe from the TEAMLEARNING-L list, please click here.

To unsubscribe from the TEAMLEARNING-L list, please click here.