Such an interesting issue and I am glad to see that I am not the only one
facing similar issues. This past term one anonymous student wrote on my end
of term student evaluation of teaching that my implementation of TBL in her
1st-yr BIO course caused her to discover that she had social anxiety. But
rather than thank me for providing her with an opportunity to discover this
about themselves, they blamed me for their social anxiety.

When we teach in a manner that allows students to expand their horizons,
some students are not always happy about what they discover about
themselves. But that is our job.

Cheers!

Neil

*Neil Haave, PhD*
Professor, Biology <https://www.augustana.ualberta.ca/disciplines/biology/>
Associate Director, Centre for Teaching & Learning
<https://www.ualberta.ca/centre-for-teaching-and-learning>
Chair, The Teaching Professor Conference Advisory Board
<https://www.magnapubs.com/2018-teaching-professor-conference/advisory-board.html>

University of Alberta, Augustana Faculty
Rm C155, Science Wing, Classroom Building, Augustana Campus
4901 - 46 Avenue, Camrose, AB, CANADA   T4V 2R3
<https:[log in to unmask],-112.8260447,17z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x530abbd77f95b6c1:0x3b492e48a4ec7c87!2s4901+46+Ave,+Camrose,+AB+T4V+2R3!3b1!8m2!3d53.011029!4d-112.823856!3m4!1s0x530abbd783c1a0c1:0x7fca761f5d5588e!8m2!3d53.0116908!4d-112.8241688>

email <[log in to unmask]> | Augustana dossier
<https://sites.google.com/a/ualberta.ca/neil-haave/home> | Google+
<https://www.google.com/+NeilHaave> | blog
<http://activelylearning2teach.blogspot.ca/> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/nhaave> | LinkedIn
<https://ca.linkedin.com/in/neilhaave>

"*We do not learn from experience . . . we learn from reflecting on
experience*" - John Dewey