I have found that by not having a fixed duration for class tests and giving the class 2 minutes to complete iRAT and tRAT tests after most students have completed the tests is a good way to accommodate students with special needs. I have a module on the TBLC website Resource Bank that includes the slides to manage tests in that way. I have also catered for a blind student by emailing them the test questions in Word format.

I’m happy to provide details, especially at the coming TBLC Annual Conference (San Diego, March 1 to 3). I look forward to seeing you there.

Peter Balan OAM

School of Management, University of South Australia, Australia

From: Team-Based Learning [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rachel Goodliffe
Sent: Monday, 12 February 2018 5:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Accomodations

Hello

Anyone have experience withTBL and students with accommodations- specifically how to navigate iRAT fairly

Rachel

On Dec 20, 2017, at 12:44 PM, Michael Buck <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

TBL’ers,

I have just completed teaching my course for the second year using TBL.  I am trying to follow the TBL approach as closely as I can and I as well as many of my students are happy with the process and outcome.  There certainly is room for improvement and I have targeted a few areas that were implemented this past year and have some ideas already for next year.

Here is my question…

I would welcome the opportunity for me and a colleague to visit your institution (if more than one course uses TBL) or your course (if you are the sole TBL’er) to see how you express TBL in the classroom.  I  think I need to see TBL in action from someone else to become better at it myself.  I suspect there are others out there that would enjoy the same opportunity.  I currently teach in a physical therapy program at the graduate level so visiting an upper level medical/clinical program would be most desirable but would certainly entertain any offers.  Could turn into a peer mentor or support group.  So…..who wants company?

Thanks for considering!

Mike

Michael Buck PhD, PT, ATC, Cert MDT, CSCS

Acting Associate Dean School of Health Sciences and Human Performance

Coordinator of the Ithaca Seminar Program

Clinical Associate Professor

Department of Physical Therapy
Ithaca College
Ithaca, New York 14850
607-274-1936

To unsubscribe from the TEAMLEARNING-L list, please click here.