Hi

I think it is OK to rearrange groups early in course….not what you hope for…but better to build teams that can really perform later in semester…too small teams can sometimes limp along but it can change how the course unfolds

#####################################

Comment about course size

Years ago…we ran a graduate research methods course with one team of 3…we had hoped for 8 students and 2 teams of 4….it worked OK….RAP’s worked well….4S reports teacher always exhaustively played devil’s advocate

We found as long as 4S problems were really good…it worked well

That is the very small end of the spectrum….most of our courses now have 30-45 teams

[cid:image001.png@01D332E8.51A07CB0]

Jim Sibley

Director
[cid:image002.png@01D332E8.51A07CB0]
http://cis.apsc.ubc.ca/
Faculty of Applied Science
University of British Columbia

CEME 1214-6250 Applied Science Lane
Vancouver, BC Canada
V6T 1Z4
Phone 604.822.9241
Email: [log in to unmask]<applewebdata:[log in to unmask]>

Check out my book Getting Started with Team–Based Learning<http://www.learntbl.ca/>
Check out my TBL website at www.learntbl.ca<http://www.learntbl.ca/>

© Copyright 2017, Jim Sibley, All rights reserved The information contained in this e-mail message and any attachments (collectively "message") is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient (or recipients) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, use, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the message.