From: Team-Based Learning <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Herbert Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 12:19 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Group participation via Skype

I used Google Hangouts with TBL in a hybrid course last Spring.  It worked well since all of our students have a college issued Gmail account.

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Douglas C. Anderson, Pharm.D., D.Ph. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

So, I have a student in my class who is being treated for leukemia and will be out next week because her white cell count has dropped and she is at a high risk for infection. Does anyone have any experience with Skype (or other distance learning technology) and TBL group participation? Is there any literature out there, or would this be unique?

--

Douglas Anderson

Professor and Chair

Dept. of Pharmacy Practice

Cedarville University

o:

937-766-3017

cedarville.edu

yellowjackets.cedarville.edu

Note: The enclosed information is STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL and is intended for the use of the intended recipient only. Federal and Ohio laws protect patient medical information that may be disclosed in this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, disclosure, or copying of the contents is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately.

To unsubscribe from the TEAMLEARNING-L list, please click here.

Herb Coleman, Ph.D
Adjunct Professor of Psychology and Student Development
RETIRED--Dir. Campus Technology Services
Austin Community College
(512) 223-1790 ext. 22162

“Keep working, keep striving, never give up.  Fall down 7 times get up 8. Without commitment, you’ll never start. But more importantly, without consistency, you’ll never finish.  Ease is a greater threat to progress than hardship.  So, keep moving, keep growing, keep learning.  See you at work.

― Denzel Washington,