Hello, All,

I’m co-leading a project at my university that has some overlaps with TBL, but I’m looking for some help more with organizational issues rather than pedagogical ones.

Basically, I’m wondering if you have good experience with approaches that incentivize adoption of TBL (or other pedagogies) in new or revised courses.  I’m wondering about things like stipends or models for compensated faculty development. I’d be especially interested to know if there is any evidence to back up the efficacy of such approaches, for example, if certain amounts or certain practices work better than others.

I’ve gotten some really good advice about structural changes to things like faculty evaluation and culture of discussion of teaching and learning.  However, figuring out whether and how much to pay faculty for work that I am about to send call outs for is a pressing concern. There are a lot of specific factors at play in my unionized environment, but any general help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

-----

Christopher Boettcher, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of English
Castleton University
Castleton, VT 05735

To unsubscribe from the TEAMLEARNING-L list, please click here.