I use a validated, free peer assessment tool called catme.orghttp://info.catme.org

On Feb 9, 2017, at 7:59 AM, Carson, Ron <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Jen:

I use a siimple Google form to collect peer feedback.   You can see the form that I use here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdVwlz5_NCg41rcuXPT_FuP-anP-mJDy7qr8grJeRPwT3cGFw/viewform

If you've never used Google forms, YOU will need a Gmail account, but students using the form will not. The information entered is saved to an excel-type spread sheet that you can use for putting in grades and subjective feedback if you want.  Students are NOT able to see entered information.

There is a small learning curve to use Google Forms, but the process is fully explained online.

Thanks,

Ron Carson

Sent from Nine

From: Jen Wrye <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Feb 8, 2017 11:35 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Questions from a novice

Hi everyone,

I’m a new TBL adopter. So far things feel like they’re going well, but I’m hoping for guidance on a couple matters.

1.      PEER FEEDBACK: How can I collect & distribute peer feedback effectively & efficiently? Our LMS is Blackboard, and we don’t seem to have a function that allows students to anonymously give each other feedback on their ‘helping behavior’ (or does it?). Students who hand write feedback could be identified by their teammates. I could collect it via. email, but that seems labour intensive for me. I’ve promised anonymity this time, but might revisit later. Any ideas or insights?

2.      AN INEFFECTIVE GROUP: I understand peer feedback might help matters. Baring a shift, one of my groups is not working. One member is super strong. Two are ok. Three are weaker. The strong member does all talking, writing, representing for his group. He tries to ask other members’ opinions, but mostly they choose to add nothing, and he moves things forward. Any suggestions to change this dynamic without becoming overbearing?

Thanks for considering responding to these questions. Looking forward to lots more engagement on the listserv.

Best,

Jen

Jen Wrye, PhD
Instructor, Department of Humanities & Social Sciences
North Island College
2300 Ryan Road
Courtenay, BC  V9N 8N6
(250) 334-5030

I’m grateful to live in the traditional, unceded territories of the K’ómoks First Nation.

To unsubscribe from the TEAMLEARNING-L list, please click here.

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication. Thank you.