Hi Annetta,

My class has a huge groupwork component, and I’ve had teams implode.  In my experience, the best thing to do is sit down with the entire team and employ the best practices of conflict resolution to get everyone back on the same page.   Here’s a quick cheat sheet for those, like me, who have no formal training in conflict resolution: https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTMM_79.htm

I’m glad you are being proactive . I think many people sour on group work because when problems arise, they’re told to  “figure it out” but students don’t have the tools to do so.

Best,

Candice

Candice Benjes-Small, MLIS

Head, Information Literacy & Outreach

McConnell Library, Radford University, Radford, VA

540.831.6801