Hi Annetta,

I use TBL in social work courses and have final integrative team project.  I do a couple of things which may be of help for the future, though a little late for now.  I find that some team skills transfer to the project and some do not necessarily.

1.       The TBL team is the same team for the final team project.

2.       A little class time is devoted to planning the team project, but not a great deal.

3.       A proposal is required earlier in the semester, which has separately completed sections – i.e. each person completes a different section of the project.  This reveals whether there is team cohesion in conceptualizing and planning the project earlier in the semester as well as whether the team is on track individually and collectively.  The proposal is graded individually.  The final project has a blend of individual and team grading.

4.       A formative peer evaluation about halfway into the term and a summative evaluation at the end of the semester also can reveal teaming concerns earlier on.

I am happy to share materials for the final project, if that would be helpful.

Best,

Liz

Liz Winter, Ph.D., LSW

Academic Coordinator and Clinical Assistant Professor

Child Welfare Education for Leadership Program

School of Social Work

University of Pittsburgh

2327 Cathedral of Learning

Pittsburgh, PA 15260

Phone: 412-648-2371

Fax:     412-624-1159

NOTICE: The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by person or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer