Judi: Does your university have faculty learning communities or book clubs?  We have a center for faculty development and also a center for STEM education that both sponsored a TBL workshop last year that got some faculty interested.  Two of us from the workshop decided to keep working together on developing our classes and we’re currently co-facilitating a book club for the Sibley/Ostafichuk book, which has gotten even more faculty interested!

Actually, our first meeting was yesterday, and one of the faculty members reading the book is a Spanish professor.  She was wondering if anyone has used TBL in language courses and how they went about it.  She already does a lot of language practice in groups.

Finally, thanks all for the feedback about my course structure in Discrete Math.  I found it very useful!

Katie

Katie Johnson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics
Florida Gulf Coast University