Are there any TBLers in the Southern California area that could do a workshop on TBL in online/hybrid settings? Please let me know...

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 10:47 AM, Mihaela Popescu <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear Professor Imazeki,

I had the pleasure of attending your Team-Based Learning workshop at the CSU ITS event in Long Beach some weeks back. In addition to being a professor of media studies here at Cal State San Bernardino, I am the faculty associate with the division of Academic Technologies and Innovation. In that capacity, I work closely with our Teaching Resource Center to organize a variety of professional development opportunities with learning technologies for our campus faculty.

Here at Cal State San Bernardino, we have several faculty members who would be interested in learning about TBL pedagogy for application in large classes. I am emailing with a request for recommendation for a speaker that might be available on short notice. We are organizing a three-day institute on Connected Learning with Engaging Technologies (Sept. 12-14), and I would dearly like to have a workshop on team-based learning in online/hybrid settings. I wonder if you could recommend me someone in the area who would be able to travel to San Bernardino on Sept. 13 or 14 and organize a workshop on this topic?

Naturally, if you are available and willing, I would absolutely love to have you, but I know that time is short and your schedule is busy, so I can understand it if you are unable to travel yourself. However, during 2016-17, we would like to organize a workshop on TBL for the campus and, with your permission, I would like to contact you after the start of the academic year with an official invitation to deliver this workshop at our campus (perhaps a replication of what you did at the ITL?).

Thank you very much for your help. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Mihaela Popescu

Mihaela Popescu, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Communication Studies
Faculty Associate with Academic Technologies & Innovation (ATI)
California State University, San Bernardino
Tel.: 909-537-5862 (Comm. Studies); 909-537-3678 (ATI)