Dear All,

Although it does´t deal directly deal with the question of immediate vs.
delayed feedback on individual retention, I have some experience and data
that I think supports the value of immediate feedback on the TEAM tests.
For over 20 years (800 or so teams), I had individuals and teams fill out a
Scantron. When the teams finished the entire test they would bring there
Scantron sheet up to the front of the classroom and run it through the
scoring machine. Under those conditions (i.e., end-of-test/delayed
feedback), the cumulative team score over 6 tests was an average of 11%
higher than the team's own best member and only one member ever outscored
his team. After I discovered the IFAT's, I used them with around 700 teams.
Under these conditions (i.e., immediate feedback), the cumulative team
score over 6 tests was an average of 23% higher than the team's own best
member and no one even came close to outscoring his or her team. My
conclusion is that the immediate feedback has an overwhelmingly positive
feedback on the development of the teams and, that alone, would lead me to
use immediate feedback.

Larry

--
Larry K. Michaelsen, Emeritus Professor of Management

For info on:
Team-Based Learning (TBL) <www.teambasedlearning.org>
Integrative Business Experience (IBE) <
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Y_Hrl6iRs&feature=youtu.bel