One additional piece of information. The fact that someone else attempted to trademark "Team Learning" (they eventually gave up their attempt) is the primary motivation for the TBLC to have gone through he hassle and expense of registering TBL.

Larry

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 7:36 AM, Lim Fun Siong <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear Larry Michaelsen,

Thank you for the prompt response. J

Best regards,

Fun Siong

From: Larry Michaelsen [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, 23 February, 2016 1:45 PM
To: Lim Fun Siong <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: When did Team-Based Learning become Team-Based Learning rather than team learning

The definitive answer is that we had been using Team Learning from about 1985 and had written a number of articles under that name. However, while we were doing the final page edits for the 2002 book, we learned that one of the schools where I had done some workshops had started using TL in a number of classes and had applied to trademark the term Team Learning. As a result, we were nervous about using TL in the upcoming book. At that point, we did a global "find and replace" on the entire manuscript of the book so, instead of Team Learning, the process became Team-Based Learning.