Hi

Have you read Steven Gould's The Median is not the Message

https://people.umass.edu/biep540w/pdf/Stephen%20Jay%20Gould.pdf

Might be a pithy focus for some stats activities

Jim

Jim Sibley

Sorry for brief message -sent from my iPad

On Nov 2, 2015, at 7:22 AM, Michael Lerner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm using TBL for the first time in a Science and Pseudoscience class. The class is full of Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors who are really interested and engaged. They're also all non-scientists who have zero desire to take another science class ever again. None are pre-med/pre-health.

To my happy surprise, they requested that I alter the syllabus to cover some intro statistics! I have time left to squeeze in a R.A.T. and maybe a week worth of material. Can anybody recommend any good resources, especially in terms of good activities or online texts?

Cheers,
-Michael

--
Michael Lerner