From: Team-Based Learning [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Andrew McCubbins
Sent: Wednesday, 21 October 2015 6:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: IRATs, GRATS and ADA

Dr. Stephenson,

I teach a Farm Management and Operation course at Iowa State in TBL format. I have had a couple of instances of needed accommodations during my the six semesters teaching the course. Most of the accommodations revolved around extended time on assessments. I discussed each instance with the student and documented a plan that we both agreed on to meet their need. The students would arrive to class 20-30 minutes early to begin the IRAT. Since the TRAT is in a group setting, no extra time was needed by the students. This was noted on the mutual contract and there was no issue throughout any of the semesters this was done.

Hope this helps.