Hello,

I am teaching my first TBL course and decided to grade the in-class application exercises (upon several threads here since the semester started, I probably wouldn’t do this again). Regardless, I am having a problem: absent students during graded in-class work. It’s not widespread but nonetheless each class maybe 1-2 absent students. I did not specify in my syllabus how this would be handled. My first reaction was to give the missing students a 0 for that exercise, but I do have the peer multiplier built into group grades. How have others dealt with this issue?

Thanks for any advice,

Alison

Alison Bates
Lecturer (Renewable Energy & Sustainability)
Department of Environmental Conservation
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Holdsworth 209
160 Holdsworth Way
Amherst, MA 01003

To unsubscribe from the TEAMLEARNING-L list, please click here.