From: Team-Based Learning [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Emily N. Taylor [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 6:58 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Rest of class time?

Greeting TBLers,

I'm a first-time TBLer, planning and upper division endocrinology course. I have enjoyed reading everyone's advice, along with websites explaining how to do TBL.

My question is: What do you do in class during the remainder of class time?

My class meets twice per week for 2 hours for 11 weeks. Based on what I've read, I should only do 5 or 6 modules maximum. So, if a module takes one 2 hour class period, what do you do on the other class days?

I can come up with all kinds of ideas (debates and other activities). I just feel like I'm missing something glaring and could use advice from experienced TBLers. One thing I have not been able to find anywhere is a sample class syllabus showing what happens on each class meeting day, which could help me generate ideas.

Thank you,

Emily Taylor, PhD

Associate Professor of Biological Sciences

California Polytechnic State University