Hello everyone,

I am introducing TBL into the PTA curriculum and find myself consistently returning to a sort of problem-based learning case study model for activities. I am starting in a pediatric neurology course, and so I am considering cases for cerebral palsy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy, spina bifida, etc. but I am having a great deal of difficulty figuring out how to best frame the cases and what type of activity I should have the students engage in, beyond asking the questions that I would for PBL (e.g. What do you know about this diagnosis? What can you expect for this patient?) which do not result in students choosing a solution so much as they require that students explore diagnosis-specific issues regarding sequelae, medications, surgeries and rehabilitation. Can anyone help? Has anyone done TBL with PT or PTA students?

Laurie A. Schroder, PT, DPT, DMin
Program Director, Physical Therapist Assistant Program

Daymar College | Clarksville
2691 Trenton Rd.
Clarksville, Tennessee 37040
office | 931-552-7600 ext. 24125
email | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
[DaymarCollege-Horizontal-FullColor]