Hi, Manda.  Since I use clickers for testing, I require tow things.  First they have to be able to operate in student managed mode (thus each student can go at their own pace).  Clickers also don't allow for access to to other information.  So my biggest concern with cell phones is that the student could search the answer on the web or even an online version of the textbook.  I believe the Insight 360 software by Turning Technologies (formerly by eInstruction) has them download an App that locks down the device once they've connected.  At least that how it worked with iPads.

I have used Pear Deck for basic presentation and polling.  To my surprise every student had the capability to use it (2 out of 16 had trouble logging on).  I'll try using it some more this semester but I can't use it for testing.