Good afternoon Judy, At Drake we used focused groups of students for the 1st 2 years of our new TBL therapeutics course. We made many changes as a result of the report from the focus group discussions. Here are some of the questions posed:

How was your experience as a learner in Pharmacotherapeutics different from that of other classes you have taken at the College of Pharmacy?

From your perspective as students, what were some of the more difficult challenges you encountered as you participated in this approach to learning?

What were some of the strengths of TBL?

What advice would you give to next year's class of students?

What advice would you give to the professors?

I hope this gives you some food for thought, best of success!

June Johnson

June Felice Johnson, BS, Pharm.D., FASHP, FCCP, BC-ADM
Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Clinical Sciences Dept.
Drake University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
2507 University Avenue, Cline Atrium 009
Des Moines, Iowa  50311
Pharmacy Consultant, Iowa Diabetes & Endocrinology Research Center
President, American Diabetes Association-Central Region Community Leadership Board
Office: 515-271-1849
Fax: 515-271-4171
Email: [log in to unmask]