Dear TBL Colleagues,

This email is in response to the call for Interest in Collaboration email July 29, 2015 (no email address for submission was included).  Below is my response, in the hopes it will reach the right folks for the September 2015 newsletter.  I look forward to hearing from folks who want to play.

Thanks,

Manda

Response to call for ‘Interest in Collaboration.’
Name and Affiliation: Amanda Rees Ph.D., Professor of Geography, Department of History and Geography, Columbus State University, Georgia, USA
Contact[log in to unmask]
Overview of Possible Collaborative Projects: I'm looking for collaborators amongst geography and history faculty using TBL. I'm interested in two projects.
  1. Qualitative/quantitative approaches to consider the impact of TBL in general education classes - usually taught to first and second year students in the American university system (esp. World Regional Geography). I have identified remarkable impacts on student learning over the last three years but want to think about those results critically.  In addition to teaching collaborators in geography or history, I would welcome someone with skills in thinking critically about outcomes assessment and comparisons with previous modes of teaching.
  2. Collaboration on an article/book chapter providing a guide for TBL in geography and examples of applications to support engagement with TBL.

Dr. Amanda Rees
Professor of Geography, Department of History and Geography
Tel: (706) 507 8358            Fax: (706) 507-8362
E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Web: http://columbusstate.academia.edu/AmandaRees

Coordinator: Columbus Community Geography Center

Mailing Address:
Department of History and Geography, Columbus State University
4225 University Avenue, Columbus, GA 31907, U.S.A.

Office Location:
901 Front Avenue,Yancey Center at One Arsenal Place
Room 350  (campus map)

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 3:33 PM, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Call Out OR Call for Research Roundup

Hello members of TBLC – We would like to announce that our fall newsletter will focus on research! The decision to do so  is the result of our TBLC survey taken at the 14th annual TBLC conference held in Florida. Our Survey informed us of two important points: 1.) a large percentage of members are interested in learning about articles and research studies being completed in our collaborative and 2.) Members want to consult among other members for partnership in research. We are hoping the fall newsletter will provide information on both of these areas.

One section in the newsletter will be called ‘Research Roundup’ and will consist of articles about TBL written in the last 2 years by members of the TBLC community. We are asking you to send us any article(s) utilizing TBL in which you have been an author. Please send the citation (authors, year, title, journal, volume, and pages) and a one to three sentence long explanation of the project.  The deadline for submission is September 18, 2015. This will be a wonderful opportunity to disseminate your article to others who are interested in learning about what you are doing with TBL, as well as publicize your findings to those are outside of your field of expertise!

Additionally, if you have found a particularly good article on TBL that you are not an author of, we are planning on putting a bibliography page on our website with these articles.  Please feel free to send us the citation (authors, year, title, journal, volume, and pages).

Our second section in the newsletter will be called ‘Interest in Collaboration.’  If you are interested in collaborating with others, we will need you to send us your name, email address, the topic you are interested in collaborating with others on, a draft research question if you have one (not critical), your discipline, the design (qualitative or quantitative), and who you would like to collaborate with (e.g. another discipline, someone with expertise in a specific design) and any other information you feel is pertinent.  The deadline for this will also be no later than September 18, 2015.

We look forward to hearing about what research our members have been involved in and identifying members who are interested in collaborating to increase the presence of TBL in the literature!

Useful Links

Follow us on [log in to unmask]&job=1978204&ymlink=3860156&finalurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efacebook%2Ecom%2FTeamBasedLearning%3Fref%3Dbr%5Frs" style="text-decoration:none;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;color:#999999!important" target="_blank">

[log in to unmask]&job=1978204&ymlink=3860156&finalurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efacebook%2Ecom%2FTeamBasedLearning%3Fref%3Dbr%5Frs" style="text-decoration:none;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;color:#999999!important" target="_blank">Follow us on [log in to unmask]&job=1978204&ymlink=3860156&finalurl=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter%2Ecom%2FTBLearning" target="_blank">

View online version
Forward to Friends
http://teambasedlearning.site-ym.com/members/EmailOptPreferences.aspx?id=34460102&[log in to unmask]&h=fdc8cf902eabb37974f59c856e466fad833d7ab7
© 2015 TBLC

Connect with Collaborative
If you would like to connect with TBLC joins us at [log in to unmask]&job=1978204&ymlink=3860156&finalurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eteambasedlearning%2Eorg%2F" target="_blank">www.teambasedlearning.org/

If you wish to stop receiving email from us, you can simply remove yourself by visiting: [log in to unmask]&h=fdc8cf902eabb37974f59c856e466fad833d7ab7" target="_blank">http://teambasedlearning.site-ym.com/members/EmailOptPreferences.aspx?id=34460102&[log in to unmask]&h=fdc8cf902eabb37974f59c856e466fad833d7ab7

Team-Based Learning Collaborative
1404 1/2 Adam Ave
Huntington, WV 25704

To unsubscribe from the TEAMLEARNING-L list, please click here.