Hi All,

I teach a large lecture (now over 600 students) team-based learning course.  We’ve had a couple of situations arise regarding the possibility of diverse learners in our course this fall and I’m unfamiliar with any TBL work that addresses best practices in these areas.  I’m hoping that you can point me in the right direction.

The first involves students who may be hard of hearing or deaf.  Are there best practices regarding team discussion/activities?  Have you provided something to all team members (in regards to good team behavior—i.e. not talking over one another) that you would be willing to share?

The second involves students who have a mental health diagnosis that may impact their interactions with their team mates.  Again, is there a way to address this—with a best practice focus—with the whole class?

Thank you for the suggestions!

Autumn Cartagena, Academic Adviser

College of Liberal Arts & Sciences

Iowa State University

102 Catt Hall

Ames, IA 50011-1302

515-294-4831

College Website: http://www.las.iastate.edu/

E-mail the College @ [log in to unmask]

Follow us on Twitter @ las_sas102

To unsubscribe from the TEAMLEARNING-L list, please click here.