I have done this before and used Respondus Lockdown Browser to ensure that
students were not able to browse the net or chat with other students. This
was a couple of years ago and our WiFi was not quite up to the bandwidth
necessary and so I regularly had a couple of students each class that would
be kicked out of their RAT. But with team RATs that should not be a problem
because the number of simultaneous users should be significantly less.

I liked using RLDB on Moodle using adaptive mode. It also allowed me to
scramble the question order and answer order within questions thereby
requiring students to cognitively engage with the question rather than
simply stating "I choose B on my iRAT, what did you choose on yours?"

Cheers

Neil

*Neil Haave, PhD*
Associate Professor, Biology
Managing Editor, *CELT
<http://celt.uwindsor.ca/ojs/leddy/index.php/CELT/index>*
Vice-President, AIBA
<http://www2.mtroyal.ca/~tnickle/AIBA/AIBA_website/AIBA.html>
Faculty Affiliate, CTL
<http://uofa.ualberta.ca/centre-for-teaching-and-learning/about-ctl/people/faculty-affiliates>
McCalla Professor
<http://uofa.ualberta.ca/centre-for-teaching-and-learning/awards/mccalla-professorships>

University of Alberta, Augustana Faculty
Rm C155, Science Wing, Classroom Building, Augustana Campus
4901 - 46 Avenue, Camrose, AB, CANADA   T4V 2R3

email <[log in to unmask]> | Augustana dossier
<http://www.augustana.ualberta.ca/profs/nhaave/> | Google+
<https://www.google.com/+NeilHaave> | blog
<http://activelylearning2teach.blogspot.ca/> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/nhaave> | LinkedIn
<https://ca.linkedin.com/in/neilhaave>

"We do not learn from experience . . . we learn from reflecting on
experience" - John Dewey