Hi,

My colleagues and me have developed an online group formation tool, that allows you to mix up the classroom objectively using matchmaking technology. You can put cognitively diverse, or cognitively similar student teams together, or mix based on demographic/language criteria with a few clicks. This solves the “friends work together problem”, while avoiding the pitfalls of randomly put together teams.

The system also provides each team with a dynamically created team report, that looks at the aggregate of the personalities/ team role preferences in the team, and visualises them and relates it to teamwork theory. It’s a very nice resource to enhance any form of collaborative learning, and aids student’s reflection on team processes in a structured way.

We have developed the prototype with more than 9,000 students with great results, and have also won an award from the UK Higher Education Academy. We are looking to roll out the product widely in August, incl. a plugin for moodle and blackboard to make the admin very simple.

If you are interested in advance access or a pilot for your institution, then please support the project by voting for us at the JISC teaching innovation elevator

https://shar.es/1rkbJj and then contact me at [log in to unmask]

All the best,

Norbert

Dr Norbert Morawetz

Lecturer in Entrepreneurship

UG Programme Director Entrepreneurship

Henley Centre for Entrepreneurship

University of Reading

To unsubscribe from the TEAMLEARNING-L list, please click here.