I am finding that a my institution's grade scoring program (mycourses) is not able to handle the grading algorithms that I typically use in TBL, particularly when I use the Peer Evaluation score to modify the Team Score. I have sometimes made an excel spreadsheet for students to input their grades, but this is still cumbersome for some students, and leads to comments that grading is not transparent.

1.       Has anyone encountered a similar problem, and how have you handled it?

2.       Is anyone aware of a java app (or similar program, say on excel) where students can configure the grading system, input their current scores, then play around with various values for peer evaluation to see what they need to achieve in order to get various final grades?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts (and Happy New Year!).
--Nick

Nicholas DiFonzo, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Department of Psychology
18 Lomb Memorial Drive
Room 1-2363
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester, NY 14623 USA
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>*
Phone: 585-475-2907
Skype: nicholas.difonzo
Faculty Website<http://www.rit.edu/cla/psychology/faculty/difonzo>*Personal Website<http://www.professornick.com/>
Rumor Psychology: Social & Organizational Approaches<http://www.rumorpsychology.com/>
The Watercooler Effect: A Psychologist Explores the Extraordinary Power of Rumors<http://www.thewatercoolereffect.com/>
Rumor-Gossip-Research Google Group<https://groups.google.com/d/forum/rumor-gossip-research>

*Note: I typically process my email to zero around 10 AM and 4 PM each weekday.