Heather,

In answer to your second question -- Yes, you can absolutely use TBL with a
class of 7. I just finished a class in legal analysis with 6 students and
it worked very well. Everyone was on one team and even though you would
think that students would not take the tRAT seriously because they will all
have the same tRAT score, my 6 students treated the tRAT just as seriously
as though there were 15 teams and I was going to post team scores at the
end of the tRAT. I have used TBL several times with classes of this size
(6-8) and have not had a problem using TBL.

The best part of having one team is that you get to listen in on the entire
tRAT discussion and don't have to move around the classroom to listen in on
all the teams. I find the tRAT discussions to be the most fascinating part
of TBL.

Hope this helps.

-------
David